A History of Butcher Row House
Butcher Row House is one of a row of 15 houses and shops, many of them butchers, which ran down the middle of what is now High Street. The houses were bought out by public subscription in 1830. Most were demolished but one or two were re-erected elsewhere: Butcher Row House used to be in the back garden of 14 High Street.
Ledbury and District Civic Society was given the house in 1979 when it was re-erected it in its present location in Church Lane.